On Monday, I heard Mark Driscoll at a pastor's training conference - along with some 800 ministers, of various ages & stages of life & ministry. Among other things, Mark said Sydney lacks a zeal for evangelism, the denominational training & appointment systems stifle innovation, and single men shouldn't lead a church plant.
I'll post some ruminations on Driscoll later. For now, here's some links to some good posts from his Acts 29 church planting network:
- What is a missional church?
- Characteristics of a wise church planter.
- A checklist: am I a church planter?
- Ed Stetzer provides a theology of missional church.
- Darrin Patrick on the emerging church - talks delivered at the Francis A. Schaeffer Institute.
- Driscoll's UK talks.
- How to be an assistant pastor.