Saturday 11 April 2009

What I liked about Discendi Studio

Like I mentioned previously, I spent last Tues, Wed & Thurs at a conference on John Calvin at the Presbyterian Theological Centre. It was a collaboration between the three Presbyterian colleges in the country: Queensland, NSW and Vic. The paper that mum & I delivered was very well received - thanks for your prayers. I'll blog about it later. For now, let me just reflect on some things I liked about the conference:
1. Meeting faculty & students from Victoria and Queensland, chatting about ministry, and getting to know the Presbyterian ministry scene better;
2. Having a cheerful dinnertime conversation with Bruce Winter, formerly Warden of Tyndale House, an evangelical research centre in Cambridge, and currently Principal of Queensland Theological College;
3. Having my dinner plate cleared by aforementioned Bruce Winter;
4. Hearing students and recent grads - my peers - deliver really interesting, well-researched, deeply thought-through papers, and thinking that if they represent the state of the art, the future of Evangelical theology is in good hands.

1 comment:

Mark said...

Looking forward to hearing the Kinsey vs Clavin showdown!