Tuesday 23 February 2010

Matthew 26:47-56: A Matter of Take and Give

Like I mentioned in my previous post, I'm going to post my thoughts on the sermon series I hope to preach over the next few weeks leading up to Easter. Feedback appreciated.

*****


Title: A matter of take and give

Summary:
Jesus wasn't a helpless victim, taken by surprise. He gave himself to his enemies, so as to fulfil the Scriptural prophecies and die as a sacrifice for sin. It was the high point of God's deliberate, purposeful plan to forgive sin and save the world.

1 comment:

Matt Viney said...

Hey Kamal.
I like the summary - but pastorally, what will the implications of the summary be for your hearers?

As a guy who is full-time in a little Pressie church (http://wavellpc.org.au), I often get the 'big idea', but fail to deliver a talk that help people see clearly the implications in their lives.
I want to engage in good exegesis, good sermon delivery (still working on that!) and good application. Not an easy task!

Love ya work Kamal.

cheers.
mv