Tuesday 16 February 2010

My new ministry this year: St Mary's Presbyterian Community Church

Okay world - it's official.

I've been appointed the minister (technically, the "home missionary") of St Mary's Presbyterian Community Church, in the suburb of St Mary's, between Blacktown & Penrith. Official start date: 22 Feb.

These past couple of years, I've been assistant minister, first at St David's Strathfield, then at MEPC. This'll be my first time as the senior minister. Well, the only minister - it's a small church, they can't afford assistants. And that's a bit scary.

Wait a minute - I'm not the only minister. The church is full of ministers. Like Greg and Bruce and Ibrahim, who've led Bible studies for years. And Betty, and the others who teach Sunday school. And Warwick and the others who do kids talks. And everyone else who's been serving each other & encouraging each other for years and years.

Maybe I should continue to think of myself as an assistant minister. As in I'm assisting all the other church members, as they minister to each other.

I feel better already.

2 comments:

John McClean said...

If this was facebook I'd just 'like' it - but it isn't, so I'll have to tell you. Eph 4:11-12.

Matt Viney said...

good on you Kamal. God bless your ministry.