Friday 11 September 2009

Prayer request: evangelism & trials

I've got two important occasions this coming Sunday (13 Sept). In the morning, at MEPC, I'm speaking evangelistically from Isaiah 9:1-7. Please pray that people will bring friends, that I'll speak well, and that people will repent and follow Christ.

Then at 6pm, I'll be leading the meeting & preaching at Ashfield Presbyterian. This will be my "trials for license". It's one of the final steps in the processes of me becoming a fully-fledged Presbyterian minister. I'll be speaking on 1 Corinthians 11:17-34, the Lord's Supper. There'll be experienced ministers in the congregation, who will analyse everything I do, and quiz me about it after the service. Please pray that I'll run the service & preach well. If I pass the trial, I'll be licensed to preach, and become a "licentiate".

Yes, I've had plenty of experience of church leadership & preaching. But it's still kind of nerve-wracking to be under that level of scrutiny, in an unfamiliar church. And the last time I did two different sermons on one day, the second one was really, really hopeless - just 'coz I was tired. This time, I can't afford to mess up like that.

No comments: