Saturday 19 June 2010

The Secret

This is my mum's script from the writing exercise at last weekend's New Writer's Group - as mentioned in my previous post. Remember: five items, fifteen minutes.

*****

"Damn it you selfish, arrogant bastard, how dare you keep it from me?" Sue stood in front of him, her slender figure in the tight blue jumper and jeans trembling. Her rainbow coloured beanie was pulled low over her forehead, the bells on it jangling as she shook her head.

"Keep what?" he stammered. Damn, how did she find out?

"This!" she screamed, flinging the gold watch on the table. "It’s hers. Don’t try to deny it. I’ve seen it on her. I’m leaving. For good this time – don’t even dream of getting me back. Goodbye."

He sat watching the candles burn down, flicker and die. He slipped his hand in his pocket and pulled out the lottery ticket. Three matching symbols; a million dollars. And he didn’t have to share it with his wife!

No comments: